4479 proud to sponsor The Beat Academy’s Texas challenge
February 14th, 2014
The gauntlet has been thrown. Eight beat makers from Toronto will do battle with eight beat makers from Texas in what is the first event to represent the Austin-Toronto Music City Alliance.
It’s TeamTO vs TeamTX at the world’s largest music festival, SXSW in Toronto’s music allied city, Austin.
The event has been organized by The Beat Academy, a Toronto based not for profit that supports local music producers through training, promotion and events, and Space City Beat Battle, a similar Texas-based organization. Some of The Beat Academy’s most successful events have been live challenges between individual beat makers. The Toronto-Texas challenge takes that model to a new level – featuring 8 competitors who will channel the beats of their city/state.
TeamTO is well equipped to do battle. Coached by multi-platinum Grammy award- winning producer Boi-1da (Drake, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Eminem and more), the team’s eight competitors were chosen from 150 submissions. Here are the competitors and their links from TeamTO:
- Wondagurl – (17 year old producer from Jay Z’s album)
- Rich Kidd – (Listen to music on his website)
- Chef Byers – (Of recent “Steve Nash” fame via 2dopeboyz.com)
- Nick Nikon – (Producer and singer… check him here)
- Superville – (Listen to his Soundcloud)
- 2oolman – (Listen to his Soundcloud)
- DZL (pronounced “Diesel”) – (Listen on This is Walder)
- C-Sharp – @HWBProductions
4479 is proud to sponsor The Beat Academy’s mission but more support is needed! To help with the costs, the team has set up a Kickstarter account, which you can support here. Let’s all help send TeamTO to Texas!